Library Partner Resources
Cornerstones of Science provides libraries with a system of services, training and resources that help them sustain high-quality STEM programs and book collections. Resources include: online resources (see below); scientific tools; strategies for science communication; and networking opportunities that allow library partners to interact, learn together and build relationships.
Cornerstones of Science is developing a set of training and informational videos that will be available for library partners. Please check here regularly as we post more tools.
Below are links to videos of the presentations given at our 2014 Library Partner Summit at the Auburn Public Library in Auburn, ME. These videos also directly accessible from the Cornerstones of Science YouTube Channel.
All about the Tech Petting Zoo
Looking Up at the Library: Astronomy, Books and Experiences
From Literature to Genomics Literacy: A Conversation at the Library
How Libraries Can Inform Choices about Genetic Information
Best Practices in STEM Programming in Public Libraries
Online Tools for Cornerstones Library Partners
To help librarians facilitate hands-on scientific learning, we maintain a wealth of online tools and resources, including:
- Cornerstones Science Provider Network, Professional Development Workshops & Events, the Annual Library Partner Summit and Library Support.
- Science-Technology Activities and Resources Library Education Network (STAR_Net)
- Visit the 4-H Junk Drawer Robotics page for ideas for your library
- Reviews of high-quality science books and movies categorized by title
- A scientific Website of the Month