Through the support of our sponsors, Cornerstones of Science works with public libraries to transform them into community science centers where people of all ages can enjoy thought-provoking activities, resources and programs – often led by skilled scientists.
Our approach ensures that science reaches people of all backgrounds, improving the quality of their lives and increasing their capacity to make sound, scientifically based decisions.
Sponsors can participate in various ways:
- Provide monetary contributions
- Provide in-kind services or staff to help identify and develop science kits and resources
- Provide science tools and materials to make programs a reality in more libraries
As a sponsor, a corporation benefits through:
- Becoming part of a highly-visible effort that reinforces how science and technology positively affect people’s daily lives
- Enhanced working relationships with nonprofit and for-profit STEM organizations, government agencies and officials, community groups and members of academia that are working on important science and technology issues
- Opportunities for your employees to participate in library programs
- Multiplication of your contributions by leveraging funds
- Positive publicity from media coverage, awards and recognition events
- Promotion of your socially conscious actions
View our list of Sponsors.
Ways for sponsors to give
Individual sponsors support Cornerstones’ work in libraries through one-time gifts, annual donations, and planned gifts.
Corporate sponsors may direct gifts toward specific Cornerstones programs and materials—some of which offer naming opportunities. Unrestricted gifts are also welcome as they give us the flexibility to allocate funds where they are most needed.
To donate or to learn more, please contact Cornerstones’ Director of Development Peggy Schick via email or at:
Cornerstones of Science
14 Maine Street, Suite 215
Brunswick, ME 04011
Cornerstones of Science is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and donations to it are tax deductible to the extent provided by current IRS tax laws and regulations.