The Cornerstones of Science YouTube page now has a number of STEM related how-to and other videos for librarians. The newest additions are three how-to videos on using astronomical tools for viewing the night sky as part of our work with the NASA@ My Library project.
How-to-training videos on science tools
- How-to Use 7×50 Binoculars
- How-to Use the Funscope Telescope
- Using a Planisphere for Night Sky Exploration
STEM Stories videos
Watch short videos from seven public libraries on their successes and challenges on becoming a strong STEM library as part of a recent Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) grant with the Maine State Library and Cornerstones of Science.
Attend a NASA STEM Workshop with the Space Science Institute & Lunar Planetary Institute or host your own STEM training workshop
Webinar training opportunities for librarians will prepare librarians and librarian patrons for earth and space science events:
- What’s Up! in June, July, and August
Short 15 min. webinars to understand what astronomical activity is happening in June, July, and August. Presented by Cornerstones of Science and Southern Maine Astronomers.
June 11th at 2 p.m. (EST) Register here
July 9th at 2 p.m. (EST) Register here
August 13th at 2 p.m. (EST) Register here
- International Observe the Moon Night (InOMN) Prep A 30 min. webinar to learn about all the resources available for InOMN, which takes place on Oct 5th this year. Presented by Cornerstones of Science on September 10th at 2 p.m. (EST) Register here