The wait is over. Over thirty application were received by Cornerstones for the opportunity to be gifted a free telescope by a generous anonymous donor. Ten Maine libraries have been granted telescopes through this donation and from each libraries thoughtful application. The libraries will receive their telescopes in May 2015 at a special training that each will attend at either the Bangor Public Library or the Auburn Public Library. Cornerstones will announce the names of the libraries in a special press release to come.
An anonymous Friend of Cornerstones has funded a grant for ten telescopes and supporting materials. The gift is designed to expand our STAR Program further throughout the state of Maine.
- Included with the grant award are:
- An Orion StarBlast 4.5 Astro Scope
- Celestron 8-24mm zoom eyepiece
- Laminated spiral-bound telescope instruction guide
- National Audubon Society pocket guide to the constellations
- Red/white head lamp to enable users to see at night
- Cleaning tools and batteries
- Training for library staff on use of scope and circulation process